Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Girl's Gotta Vent

So, here we go. It's time to "get ugly" as my little mother would say. In honor of Mother's Day, for all of those absolutely fabulous mother's out there (my friend Hollie included) I have to get some things off of my chest...


I know that a true lady is not supposed to say anything ugly. We are supposed to smile and later on, "God Bless her heart! I can't believe she went out in that outfit!!" But, today, I am out and out saying it. I have had ENOUGH.


My precious darling, Rylee, is not my biological daughter. I even hate to type that, it just sounds cheap. However, it is the truth. She lives with my husband and I full time and we are her parents. She calls me Mommy. However, another lady and I use the term extremely loosely gave birth to her LONG before I was in the picture. She has had her issues and I have prayed for her and have walked the good walk. I have done everything in my power to remain on that higher road. I can't anymore.


Today, while on a social networking site that shall remain unnamed, she popped up as someone I "may know." Being the person I am, I clicked on her picture, and she had recently updated her status as "Can not give up, a piece of my heart is missing." Her mood was "disappointed." WELL...LA TI DA.


This woman, again, I use the term loosely, has not attempted to call or see her child in TWO WEEKS. She has only seen her daughter THREE times since September. She only calls when she knows my husband is at work. She has no car, no place to live, and a week ago I saw her walking down the road with an undesirable, LAUGHING. Ladies, I know I am supposed to be the classy one. I am thirty, ahem, years old. BUT, I need to get it out. She pays for no doctor's bills, day care bills, food, clothes, toys, etc. She is living it up. Free as a bird. If she was so "disappointed" she would be banging our door down and calling. But, she isn't. I could never imagine not having my girl. I would walk to the ends of the earth to get her back. Another demon has taken hold and the biological revels in the land of no job, no responsibility.


Don't get me wrong. I love this little girl coloring in front of me with all of my heart. She is so wonderful and I could never imagine loving and caring for any little precious thing more than I do for her. She is my sun, moon, and I have never been prouder of anyone. I call everyone in my contacts when she learns a new vocabulary word. So, today, on Mother's Day, let's give credit where credit is due. Not to the people hosting pity parties for themselves because they feel guilty. But to the true, strong women who are in the trenches, doing it on the daily. Time outs, baths, "NO MOMMY's", accidents, messy rooms, baked beans down the front of their new Lilly Pulitzer dresses, and spilled glasses of apple juice. Those are the ladies that deserve it...my own Mama is at the top of the list for putting up with a brat like me all of these years. Especially during college, when I thought I was Paris Hilton.


Happy Mother's Day Ladies...you are beautiful.
PS-Here is an image that I love...she learned to love her Louis from the master...


2 comments:

Pamela said...

I stumbled onto your blog from Hollie's blog. I just want you to know that you are not alone! My husband has 2 boys that live with us. Their "mother" is the same way. I will pray for you! Happy Mother's Day to you! You deserve it!

Beth Dunn said...

OMG that picture is so cute! I hear stories like yours from friends. There are just those types of people out there. You are wonderful person!